Bleach ReAwakening: Broken Mirror Arc
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Staff
Quick Links
Rules
Grading Guidelines
Skill Sheets
Face Claim List
Site Timeline
Racial Information
Arrancar
Human (TBA)
Shinigami
Vizard
Templates
Arrancar Template
Human Template
Shinigami Template
Vizard Template
Organizations
Espada
Gotei 13
Mikazuki
Latest topics
» TESTING
Training for a Change [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2023 5:01 pm by [TheSerenity]

» Shizuru [WIP]
Training for a Change [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2021 12:52 am by Tsubine

» Yamato Gunrato, 11th Division's Happy Monk
Training for a Change [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 4:08 am by Tsubine

» Shinmon Kisaragi III
Training for a Change [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 3:34 am by Tsubine

» Chinatsu Fujisaki, Widow of Ryōtarō Fujisaki
Training for a Change [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 3:15 am by Tsubine

» Fumiko Hōzōin, Wife of Toshizō Hōzōin
Training for a Change [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 3:08 am by Tsubine

» Gō Minato of the Mikazuki
Training for a Change [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2021 3:00 am by Tsubine

» A Sprouting Shinigami - Kaminari Training #1
Training for a Change [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 10:18 pm by [TheSerenity]

» Azakaya [3-1; A3; Advanced]
Training for a Change [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2021 4:52 am by Tsubine

Top posters
[TheSerenity]
Training for a Change [CLOSED] Vote_lcapTraining for a Change [CLOSED] Voting_barTraining for a Change [CLOSED] Vote_rcap 
Tsubine
Training for a Change [CLOSED] Vote_lcapTraining for a Change [CLOSED] Voting_barTraining for a Change [CLOSED] Vote_rcap 
Genpaku
Teitoku
Magmata
Admin
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Training for a Change [CLOSED]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tsubine

Training for a Change [CLOSED] Empty
PostSubject: Training for a Change [CLOSED]   Training for a Change [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 2:32 pm

Kei watched as the last of the flames died down. Her Zanpakutou briefly glowed before turning back to its sealed state. She had nearly been able to reignite Entenka one more time, but it wasn't enough. She was getting stronger. She would be able to serve as a Captain. She wasn't going to release her Bankai—which she did need to train—yet. She knew its name and was confident in her ability to call it back out. She just didn't want to risk the damage, even if she were in the recessed 5th Division training grounds.

The training ground was basically a pit with stone walls with a strong Kidou barrier around the top of the pit. The Fifth Division used it for practicing rather destructive Kidou. It was one thing to practice a Shakkahō. That was done at the Academy with novices. It was another thing to practice Hiryū Gekizoku Shinten Raihō. You needed to have a natural barrier behind it to stop the Kidou from destroying more than need be. That's what she was doing—using that barrier to stop excess fire and Kidou from escaping. And Kei was going to go one step further today.

Kei, exhausted, didn't stop to take a drink of water despite the sweat. She sheathed her Zanpakutou, breathing in and out deeply. Kei extended her left hand, feeling her Reiryoku flowing. She closed her eyes as she focused. "Limit of the thousands hands, respectful hands, unable to touch the darkness. Shooting hands unable to reflect the blue sky. Ten blobs of energy began to form around her. They crackled in and out of formation, unstable. She opened her eyes, a red ring surrounding her iris." The road that basks in light, the wind that ignited the embers, time that gathers when both are together, there is no need to be hesitant, obey my orders. Light bullets, eight bodies, nine items, book of heaven, diseased treasure, great wheel, grey fortress tower. Aim far away, scatter brightly and cleanly when fired."

And so Kei called out its name. "Hadō Number 91. Senjū Kōten Taihō." The streaks stabilized briefly before flickering out of existence. She almost sighed and gave up before the scream of them reappearing and firing towards the far wall tore through the grounds. Kei stared in amazement as the blast cleared. The wall was protected by the barrier—mostly. New cracks appeared in the stones behind the barrier, showing the sheer force had damaged them. She allowed herself a brief, satisfied smile. It was her first time successfully casting a Kidou that high of a number. As Captain of the Fifth, she'd need to be able to cast them all. She was now one closer to the goal.

Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: Training for a Change [CLOSED]   Training for a Change [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 2:51 pm

She wasn't at home or in the cafeteria. She wasn't training on the normal grounds. There was only one other place he could think to look for her. Sota walked to the recessed training grounds and arrived just in time to see a rather impressive sight. All he had to do was hear the number ninety-one and his attention was caught. He stood behind Kei Makabe, the woman he had been looking for and watched silently to not disturb her. He was curious as to why her kido fizzled at first, but suddenly reappeared and ignited correctly. Was that a method of her own? A way to catch the enemy off guard so they'd think they were in the clear before death? Brutal. Impressive.

"Well executed, Ms. Makabe." Sota spoke up softly. Once she turned, he'd hold out a bottle of water to her. It was whatever one she had sitting around. "I've been looking for you." a soft smile moved onto his lips, a calm light in his eyes as he stared at this woman who may soon be his Captain. He wanted to create a relationship with her now, before he had to follow her orders. It was his way of getting to know her. "You look exhausted. How long have you been out here, if you don't mind my asking?"

Back to top Go down
Tsubine

PostSubject: Re: Training for a Change [CLOSED]   Training for a Change [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 3:07 pm

Kei tensed at the sudden voice. Her mind raced through recollections. She recognized it as... friendly. She moved her hand away from the sheathed Entenka. Frowning, she turned around. Kei eyed him up and down before noticing the badge on his left arm. Lieutenant... Nomura, right? She was pretty sure that was his name. He held out a water bottle, offering it. She didn't take it immediately. She didn't know if it actually was hers or if anything had been done to it. Kei frowned as he spoke further.

Kei began walking to a bag of her items, grabbing the water as she passed by. She placed it within her bag, making a note mentally to throw it away. She wasn't really trying to be rude, but it was just how she was. "A few hours." Kei knew exactly how long she had been out there—three hours and forty-two minutes. She wasn't going to tell him that. She always stayed out training for four hours. If he figured that out and went to hurt her...

Kei sighed as she sat down. She wiped the sweat off of her forehead with her sleeve. She thought about drinking that water, but her defensive instincts kept the thought at bay. Kei thought Lieutenant Nomura was mostly harmless. As in, he didn't look like he'd hurt her. But those were more dangerous than the ones that looked like they would. She might end up letting her guard down... again. "So why were you looking for me?" She asked him. The exhaustion was feeding her tone, which might have seemed like she was in a bad mood. But she wasn't. In fact, she was gleaming with pride. She just had six Bakudou and 8 Hadou to learn how to use now.

Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: Training for a Change [CLOSED]   Training for a Change [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 3:18 pm

Unfortunately for Kei, Sota was an observant man. He noticed the shift in her demeanor and the rather curt way of speaking to him, like she was always on guard. Apparently, his offer of her own water was too much for her to trust either. Interesting. He kept that note at the back of his mind. There were two reasons for people to be that paranoid: someone had hurt them or they were up to something and didn't want to get caught. With this unfamiliar woman, it could be either of those scenarios.

"There are rumors of your Captaincy. I was hoping to confirm them as true." Sota spoke calmly, keeping his distance from the paranoid woman. If he got too close, who knew what she'd do. He stood off at least ten feet while talking to her. His choice of words were also precise. They showed an eagerness for her to become Captain.

"Are you going to be my next Captain, Ms. Makabe?"

Back to top Go down
Tsubine

PostSubject: Re: Training for a Change [CLOSED]   Training for a Change [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 3:42 pm

Kei pursed her lips. Oh great. That. She had enough to worry about and now this guy was bringing up the one thing she was extremely stressed over. She did, at the very least, appreciate how far away he was standing. He wasn't blocking the breeze. "It's... complicated." Kei stopped leaning backwards and sat upright. "If the rumors are already spreading... That's just annoying." There was a frustrated whine as she finished speaking.

Kei looked at him, her grey-blue eyes holding strong. She didn't dare make full eye contact though. "After Captain Fujisaki saw my Bankai, he basically shoehorned me into taking the exam..." Kei shrugged lightly, sighing again. "I haven't done so yet, but I'm going to. And I'll probably pass it..." Although Kei might have sounded like she was overly-confident there, the fact was she probably would pass it. Now that her Kidou was unrestricted and she had Bankai, the only things holding her back were gone. "So, probably will be your new Captain, yes."

Kei stayed silent for just a moment before continuing, her eyes narrowing. "Do you have a problem with me being your Captain or something?" Why would he ask her about that kind of rumor, huh? Just wait until the appointment is made. Although, maybe he just didn't want that paperwork from being acting Captain anymore.

Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: Training for a Change [CLOSED]   Training for a Change [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 3:55 pm

Sota was respectfully silent as she replied. She seemed a little rough around the edges, and he could tell she instantly did not like him, which would be a problem later on. If she hated her Lieutenant, he might have to step down from a position he held dear.

"Actually, I prefer it." Sota said quite honestly, trying to make eye contact, but noticing her avoid it most of the time, "It's hard for a Division to adjust to someone outside of their realm of knowledge. A member of our own Division taking the seat is the best way of doing things. It means training won't be too different and expectations would be similar. While I'm sure you'll have your own unique views and methods, you still trained under our previous Captain, and like myself, have picked up different habits that you stick to. I feel you'll be a healthy choice for the members of the Fifth."

He was silent for a moment, but only a moment. "Do you... wish for a different Lieutenant when the time comes? If needed, I am willing to stand aside for someone you trust..." Sota spoke honestly, but there was worry in his tone. Rarely did someone want to give up a position they worked hard for, but he was fiercely loyal to his Division. What they needed was what they got as long as it was for the best.

Back to top Go down
Tsubine

PostSubject: Re: Training for a Change [CLOSED]   Training for a Change [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 1:01 pm

Sota was wrong about one thing. It wasn't that she didn't like him. Disliking someone was different than being suspicious of them. And Kei was, well, suspicious of most everyone. The only people she weren't suspicious of were the tiny, young girls that she didn't have to worry about. It was part of why she preferred breasts over dangly bits. But that wasn't a subject for this strange man, who was currently her superior, to talk about with.

When Sota said he preferred her being his Captain, she narrowed her eyes again, actually making eye contact for a moment. His logic was sound, but it was just... weird. She didn't have any friends in the division. Why would anyone want her to be the Captain? He was right on one thing. She would be changing things up. Part of Kei's problem when she joined the Gotei was her Kidou. She was assigned to the 5th not because she was great, but because she needed the skill of people who knew what they were doing. It ended up not being her fault, and that actually helped Kei come to terms with some of her own shortcomings. So, Kei was going to make that a policy. If there were any graduates who had struggled with Kidou like she had, they would be offered a spot in the Fifth to bolster their skills.

Kei silently nodded as he seemingly finished, but then he had to open his mouth. Again. Kei's frown somehow deepened. More suspicion washed over her face. "Why would you ask that if you just said you preferred me as your Captain?" Kei looked at him hard before continuing. "There's no one I'd really want for the job, so might as well keep it with someone who knows what they're doing." Kei spoke a little more relaxedly as she went on before asking him point-blank "Are you tired of being a Lieutenant or something?"

Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: Training for a Change [CLOSED]   Training for a Change [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 1:11 pm

"My stepping down does not prevent you from being my Captain. I would just not be your Lieutenant." Sota explained quickly before she continued. He was realizing that she had a few personality quirks she was going to have to get over. Someone in a Captain position shouldn't be so distrusting of their own Division. That sort of attitude would only push her own Division to disliking her and complaints would be filed about that very, very quickly. While Sota knew those complaints would be ignored because a Captain is a Captain whether people like it or not, he did predict a sudden exodus from the Fifth. He sighed lightly, that thought worrying him quite a bit.

Sota's eyes widened slightly at her rather aggressive and uncaring reply. He was doing his best to be kind, but she was a stubborn one. "I quite enjoy my position as Lieutenant. It is not something I'd easily give up. However, I cherish the health of the Fifth Division more than I do my own personal rank. A Captain should have someone they're comfortable with by their side. If that is not me, there is no reason for me to stick around and likely cause problems for my Captain." Sota explained as clearly as he could. His mind was going faster than one would expect, as his calm demeanor may convince people otherwise. How was he going to talk to such a hostile person?

Back to top Go down
Tsubine

PostSubject: Re: Training for a Change [CLOSED]   Training for a Change [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 1:48 pm

Kei did not change her statement. The fact was, he was contradicting himself a lot in her mind. Every single time he mentioned stepping down, that said "I don't want this position." Yet he always came back with "Yes I want to be your Lieutenant!" It was confusing her, and she didn't like it. "The only thing that's making me uncomfortable right now," Kei lied, "is that you're acting like you just really don't want to be my Lieutenant while spouting off that you want me as a Captain." Kei's only lie was that it being the only thing making her uncomfortable.

"Besides, as I said, I don't have anyone else I'd want as a Lieutenant. Changing up the entire leadership is just going to be more confusion and far more goddamn annoying. I've already got enough problems as it is going into this. I don't need more." Kei sighed then. She felt her blood pressure rising. She was getting too annoyed with Sota. It wasn't exactly his fault this had been thrust upon her. "Besides... I owe a lot to the Fifth. If you're telling the truth on how much you 'cherish' it, there's no one better for the job." It was true. Kei valued the Fifth more than a lot of people would guess. And he seemed to feel the same way. There was something about the way she spoke that had the first bit of gentle truth of anything she had been saying. Maybe she was being too hard on this guy who only just seemed...

And then, it clicked.

Why he was defensive. Why he was so adamant about offering her his resignation if she wanted it. Kei cocked an eyebrow, her frown turning more into a straight line. "...You think I don't like you, don't you?"

Back to top Go down
[TheSerenity]

PostSubject: Re: Training for a Change [CLOSED]   Training for a Change [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 2:00 pm

Sota soon saw this current conversation going nowhere. She was a challenging one to talk to. However, her statement was true. He cherished this Division and so was a good fit for it. "Understood." was all he said in reply to that. He was ready to turn and leave this uncomfortable conversation in the past, but she spoke up and asked a question he didn't expect. He brought his attention back to her and thought on how to answer.

"At this current point in time, we know very little about each other. There is nothing to like or dislike without it coming from our own personal biases. However, I do believe that you don't trust people easily and so do not like being asked these questions. You are also unsure about your promotion to Captain level and so your stress level is high. And while it is just a theory at the moment, you likely have an aversion to men. The combination of lack of trust and possible aversion to mean leads me to believe you have a horror in your past that holds you back. That is all I think right now."

Sota attempted to keep eye contact with her, but that likely failed. He let that sink in a moment and before she'd speak up again, he'd point toward her pack. "I got all of that from the water bottle. You snatched it from my hand and then refused to drink, even though it was yours and you're parched. Not to mention that you're kind of hostile toward me, yet I've seen you much gentler toward the younger girls in the Division."

"It could have also been a bad mood, but questioning every word I say is not something done based off of a bad day. It's a habit created to protect yourself. From what? I don't know. Either way..." Sota put his arm across his stomach and bowed, "I apologize for disturbing you. Have a nice day, Ms. Makabe. Good luck on your exam." With nothing else to say, Sota turned and walked away, leaving her with her thoughts.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training for a Change [CLOSED]   Training for a Change [CLOSED] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Training for a Change [CLOSED]
Page 1 of 1